What personal data we collect and why we collect it
What rights you have over your data
EPCI Academy courses are enrolled based on the site registration and creation of your account. The information stored are used for the course evaluation and communication such as recording of the course progress, stage and certificate entry data. The data are used and handled by EPCI, not handled to third party organisation. Registered users can request anytime to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about them, including any data that have been provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We also store the personal information in user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Collected web visitor statistic data are used by analytical tools such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console and kept for internal analysis by EPCI only.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
The website administration and owners can be contacted using online contact form published on “about” page here or directly to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our database and course content have been derived from our own best knowledge, information supplied by news feeds, manufacturers, distributors and reseller websites, and other industry resources. Although we believe that the information supplied is generally correct, we do not assume any responsibility whatsoever for its accuracy.
The data and information contained in the courses are intended for use by persons possessing technical skill and industry knowledge and are used as they may deem appropriate and at their own risk. The trademarks, service marks and part numbers referenced on this site are the property of their respective owners. No endorsement of any third-party products or services is expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to, included on, or linked from or to this site.
Course Data Declaration, Handling & Copyright
Common Course Terms:
- EPCI Academy courses are prepared to the best knowledge for objective and independent information about passive components and its features.
- EPCI Academy original courses are using EPCI (European Passive Components Institute) copyrighted articles, public sources and manufacturers’ public data as appropriate to illustrate specific component technology features. Some linked manufacturer’s materials may include sales pitch of presented materials (despite we try to avoid use of such sources). The course authors declare that they have no incentive to drive course subscribers to any specific technology or present some manufacturers and products as favorable to the others. Component manufacturers are close to the real applications, its challenges, issues with deep product knowledge and thus some of those sources are used as considered beneficial for better understanding of the topic.
- EPCI Academy courses text and quizzes are copyrighted by EPCI and not allowed to be published in complete text neither in partial section elsewhere without EPCI permission.
- EPCI Academy website is following EU GDPR policy. All information, data received and communication realized during the course is collected for the purpose of the course operation and not shared with third party company or organization.
- by course enrollment users agree with these terms.
Who we are
The website https://epci-academy.com and EPCI Academy brand is owned and operated by EPCI European Passive Components Institute.
European Passive Components Institute s.r.o.
T.G.Masaryka 477, 563 01 Lanskroun, Czech Republic
Owner and General Director: Tomas Zednicek Ph.D.
Company Registration Reference:
VAT No.: CZ05454859